Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HEART SESSIONS


A good exercise for the heart
is to bend down and help another up.
- John Andrew Holmes




Today I felt like stamping


and stitching



If you enjoy hearts, visit Rebecca Sower's blog to view more.


KAY

NOTE: I made this piece over the course of several hours, working on it for a few minutes here and there as time allowed. The photos were all made in front of the same window, but in different light situations, as the day progressed. It made an interesting study of how light effects color in a photo.

10 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty. I don't have the patience. :)

D

Peg said...

I am most impressed with those lovely French knots. I cannot seem to make those look right. Last week I started smocking a bishop dress and I had to get out the Ott light with a magnifier!

Dagmar said...

Great way to showcase your heart!

Tia said...

What a pretty idea! Uh oh... does this mean I'm going to be dragging out the stamps soon?
I need to learn french knots as well...

Claudia said...

This is so pretty, Kay! What beautiful work you do!

xo
Claudia

Crafts a la Mode said...

Very pretty indeed. Yes, I've noticed that when I take a picture at night under regular lights the picture is yellowish. I don't like that so I try to take pictures with daylight. Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Just beautiful. I love the idea of stamping and adding needlework, and then the tiny brass heart. All kinds of textures.

Blessings
Kitty

Mrs. Wright said...

How beautiful and soft! Your blog always makes my heart beat a little faster with joyful steps.

BailiwickStudio said...

I'm loving all the hearts I've seen. This one is very pretty! ::Jill

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Beautiful! So inspiring to me!
Blessings from the Cabin,
Claudia O.