Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY ST. VALENTINES DAY


Beautiful red and pink blooms


and the sweetest vintage valentine, edged in old lace,
help dispel the gloom of this overcast day.


A little cash surprise was included
in the valentines for the children


but,I folded them into heart shapes before
slipping them into the envelopes.


I made my special valentine a heart shaped confection.

then piped pink frosting around the edges and
added fresh strawberries, because I know
his appetite and heart are closely connected.
Hope you're spending a very heartfelt day with your loved ones.
KAY

5 comments:

Kate said...

Aunt Kay, I am always just blown away at your creativity and your talent!!!!! Love the cake!! I'm sure it tasted just as yummy as it looked

Claudia said...

Just lovely! And that cake looks scrumptious! Happy Valentine's Day!

xo
Claudia

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

All I can say is YUM! The "heart money" is just so cute. Love it!

Hope you all had a wonderful valentine's day!

Kitty

Sarah and Jack said...

Hi there,

I saw your comment on heather bullard's blog about the Nashville flea and I wondered if it was still alive and kicking? I heard from a dealer here in St Louis that they closed it down last year.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

*gasp!*
Kay!
Oh my gosh ~ how could I miss this beautiful post???? Girl, this is gorgeous! Now I'm all hungry ;)
Seriously though, this is waaaay to pretty to eat...and I LOVE that plate!!!!!!
ok...I'm like two months late after Valentine's Day (but who's counting, right?)
Happy Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Happy Easter...did I miss anything? ;)